5 Nigerian Songs On A Race To 100 Million YouTube Views… Who’ll Win This?
Despite all the patronage Nigerian musicians and Nigerian songs have enjoyed globally, it is interesting to note that no Nigerian music video has ever attained 100 Million YouTube Views since youtube was made available to the general public…
Though there are a few music videos from Nigerian musicians doing relatively well on Youtube, we are yet to reach the 100 Million mark!
This information was brought to the public when Ovie of notjustOk revealed the present songs with the highest views on YouTube via Twitter and from this revelation, we realized that none of these songs has gotten to a hundred Million views though we have few of them almost close to the 100million mark.
In view of this, we have decided to compile a list of five Nigerian songs racing towards the 100 Million YouTube Views.
1. Johnny by Yemi Alade: This song, released in 2013 and video in 2014 shot Yemi Alade to the limelight and has also been translated to French for her French-speaking fans. The song presently has 96 Million views and climbing.
2. Fall by Davido: Recently took the number one position as the most Shazamed song in NewYork, Davido’s Fall is still reaping one year after release and with YouTube, it is reaping fast and high in numbers with its present 92Million views on YouTube, making it the second song with the highest views on YouTube after Yemi Alade’s Johnny.
3. Personally by Psquare: This song was released in 2013 and in its five years has garnered 85 Million views on Youtube.
4. Pana by Tekno: Tekno’s Pana was called a national anthem for a reason and people didn’t just listen to the audio which presently has 2.9M views, they watched and loved the video released in 2016 and presently has over 83Million views.
5. WayMaker by Sinach: This gospel song is still a hit record and the numbers are growing by the day. Video released on December 30th, 2015 and it has 82 Million views so far.